Questions that one should be asking before moving from SAP ECC to S/4HANA
What does a Customer using SAP ECC for his everyday business operations go through before moving to SAP S/4HANA? What is that he/she should be worried about before making the transition?
Business. Processes. Users. Landscape. Communications. Customizations. Training. Testing. Project Strategy and Approach. These are some of the different perspectives across which the Customer or the CIO or the System Integrator involved in a Digital Transformation would need to answer before moving to the New World of SAP S/4HANA.
Some of the essential questions for which the customer should have the answer are:
- What is the impact of S/4HANA to my Business?
- What is the impact on my system in terms of Daily Operations?
- How complex is my business?
- How good are my industry standards?
- I need new functionalities, which one is more relevant?
- Who are my Process owners?
- Who should be part of the transformation?
- Who drives daily operations in the company?
- What is my license impact?
- What are the Processes configured in the system?
- How Critical are they?
- What is heavily customized?
- How healthy are my processes?
- What are the areas that I can improve in terms of processes?
- How complex is my landscape?
- What are the other SAP and non-SAP components?
- What about the Vendor Add-ons?
- What about my compatibility in terms of OS / DB?
- Should I go for On Premise deployment or Cloud deployment?
- What are the external communications or interfaces present in the system?
- What about the current RFC/Logical connections in the system?
- What will happen to my BW Data Sources?
- What is the impact on moving to S/4HANA?
- What will happen to my business configurations?
- What TCODES will go obsolete?
- What about my Master Data, Transaction Data, and Configuration Data
- Will my custom code stop working?
- Can I selectively move the custom code?
- How many will stop working?
- How can I improve the performance of my custom objects?
Data & Testing
- With this much of disruption, what about testing?
- What about the test data?
- Who will do the testing?
- How much of the time would it take to do the testing?
- Should I archive?
- Who should we train?
- What should we train them with?
- Will there be a training plan?
- How much time is needed from the business?
- How does this fit into the overall transformation plan of the company?
- What about my next steps?
- What will be the ROI in terms of the S/4HANA Move?
- How to go about doing the transformation?
- Should I think about CVI or New GL or Archiving or Custom code clean up before this?
- Should this be Greenfield or Brownfield or Selective Data Transition?
- What will be my contingency plan?
- What will be the timeline estimate?
- What about cost/effort?
The Solution – KTern’s Digital Maps
All the above questions may seem too intimidating to answer in the first place and especially without any data and insights. Typically, these questions are answered by conducting workshops for 3 to 4 months, paying some top dollars and making sense of the data.
But, what if we told you that, there is a product which has been developed using 15 years of SAP Tribal knowledge and can help answer all the above questions with data from your own SAP Landscape?
KTern’s Digital Maps connects to your existing ECC system and reads the data. Using the rule engine called S/4HANAPEDIA, KTern provides analytical insights in terms of how the data is structured and organized within your system. It enables you to understand the implications of the transition from an existing SAP ERP system to SAP S/4HANA. You can also identify the necessary preparations and pre-projects in the current system landscape, long before an SAP S/4HANA system conversion project starts.
Try KTern Free for 14 days
Experience the features in action