An SAP S/4HANA project is an extensive transformation project. Many organizations fail to succeed in these projects due to poor assessment. The big question is, how does an organization prepare for a successful SAP S/4HANA implementation?
An excellent place to start is an SAP S/4HANA readiness assessment. A readiness assessment aims to lay out the roadmap for your SAP S/4HANA journey. In this article, I will talk about readiness assessment and how your enterprise can benefit from the readiness assessment provided by KTern.AI.
Table of contents
- What is SAP S/4HANA Assessment?
- What is Readiness Assessment?
- What are the benefits of an SAP S/4HANA Readiness Assessment?
- How can you prepare for an SAP S/4HANA Readiness Assessment?
- What are the key factors to consider when using the Readiness Assessment?
- What are the steps involved in an SAP S/4HANA Readiness Assessment?
- Accelerate the Readiness Assessment using KTern.AI
What is an SAP S/4HANA Assessment?
An SAP S/4HANA Assessment is a comprehensive process that helps you identify and understand the specifics of your association's SAP S/4HANA deployment. The assessment also provides perceptivity into how well your SAP structure is performing and how ready it's to migrate to SAP S/4HANA.
The assessment covers the following phases:
1. Discovery - The discovery phase is where you collect information about your SAP structure. This information is used to produce a detailed report that outlines your current SAP geography.
2. Analysis - The analysis phase is where you can examine your SAP geography in detail. This includes assessing your current performance and relating any implicit pitfalls associated with migration to SAP S/ 4HANA.
3. Planning - In the planning phase, you produce a roadmap for migrating to SAP S/ 4HANA. This roadmap will outline the route you need to take.
What is Readiness Assessment?
An SAP S/4HANA Readiness Assessment is a process by which an organization can determine the level of readiness of its current environment for a potential migration to SAP S/4HANA. The assessment can help identify gaps and areas of improvement that need to be addressed before moving to SAP S/4HANA.
The assessment is typically performed by an SAP S/4HANA Readiness Assessment team, a cross-functional team of individuals with expertise in various areas of SAP S/4HANA. The team is responsible for performing the assessment and delivering a report to management that outlines the organization's readiness for a migration to SAP S/4HANA.
What are the benefits of an SAP S/4HANA Readiness Assessment?
Conducting a readiness assessment of your SAP S/4HANA environment can help you identify any gaps that need to be addressed before migrating to this new platform.
The assessment can also help you identify potential performance bottlenecks and determine the necessary resources required to migrate to SAP S/4HANA. Additionally, the assessment will help you develop a roadmap for migrating to SAP S/4HANA and identify key steps involved in the migration process.
A readiness assessment is a valuable tool that can be used to identify the gaps between the current state of an organization and the desired state.
The 5 pillars of an SAP S/4HANA readiness assessment are:
- Strategic and executive alignment
- Operational Readiness
- People Readiness
- Technical Readiness
- Project governance and planning
How can you prepare for an SAP S/4HANA Readiness Assessment?
SAP provides a self-service tool that can be used to check the readiness of the existing SAP S/4HANA system in terms of the preparation to upgrade to SAP S/4HANA.
Preparing for the SAP S/4HANA readiness assessment itself, has many benefits. First, it can help you understand your current landscape and identify any gaps that need to be addressed before migrating to SAP S/4HANA. The assessment can also help you identify potential performance bottlenecks and determine the necessary resources to migrate to SAP S/4HANA. Additionally, the assessment can help you develop a roadmap for migrating to SAP S/4HANA and identify the critical steps involved in the migration process.
What are the key factors to consider when using the readiness assessment?
There are many factors that influence SAP S/4HANA readiness.
- One of the most important factors is the company's ability to adopt new technology. If a company is not willing or able to adopt new technology, then they will not be able to use SAP S/4HANA.
- Another factor that influences readiness is the company's ability to change their business processes. If the company is not willing to change their business processes, then they will not be able to use SAP S/4HANA.
- Finally, the company's IT infrastructure also influences readiness. If the company's IT infrastructure is not able to support SAP S/4HANA, then they will not be able to use it.
What are the steps involved in an SAP S/4HANA Readiness Assessment?
There are a number of steps involved in performing an SAP S/4HANA Readiness Assessment. The first step is to identify the business processes that will be impacted by the move to SAP S/4HANA. Once the processes have been identified, the next step is to assess the current state of those processes. This includes assessing the current system landscape, data volumes, and business requirements.
The SAP S/4HANA System conversion itself has two phases involved, they are the preparation phase and the realization phase. SAP S/4HANA readiness assessment and simplification item catalog falls under the preparation phase. The preparation phase has 4 steps that are Planning & System requirements, Maintenance planner, SI-Check, and Custom code migration.
Steps in preparation phase:
- Planning & System Requirement
- Maintenance Planner
- Custom Code Migration
Once the current state has been assessed, the next step is to create a roadmap for migrating to SAP S/4HANA. The roadmap should include a timeline and a plan for migrating to SAP S/4HANA in a phased approach. The final step is to execute the roadmap and ensure a successful transition to SAP S/4HANA.
Accelerate the Readiness Assessment using KTern.AI
SAP S/4HANA Readiness Assessment helps your organization get ready for the future, which in this case is S/4HANA. To prepare your organization for the future, it is crucial to conduct a readiness assessment. It will help you identify any areas that may need improvement to be ready for what's to come.
KTern.AI Digital Maps helps you speed up your time to market by connecting with an SAP ECC system within five minutes.
An automated assessment provided by KTern.AI demonstrates the technical, functional, and business process impact of moving from SAP ECC to S/4HANA. Auto-recommendations about testing strategy, landscape and infrastructure, and data archiving are also provided.
KTern.AI is a disruptive all-in-one product built on the SAP Activate framework as KTern.AI creates a clear path with top-notch benefits, the "S/4HANAPEDIA" is empowered project automation and governance. KTern.AI has its feature of reduced resource development and this help in saving lots of cost and effort. KTern.AI decreases the configuration process and manual work which results in saving a huge time.
Planning and discovering are two important steps/phases you need to keep in check, to reach the summit of success in your transition journey from ECC to S/4HANA . If you've reached the end of this article, you are now equipped with knowledge to ease the plan and discover phases of your transformation.
KTern.AI, not only helps you ease through these two phases, but also provides you with tons of features that can help you ease through all the six phases in your S/4HANA Transformation project.